DFW AUTISM CONFERENCE
FEBRUARY 6th & 7th 2020
Walk Away with… EDUCATION, ADVOCACY and SUPPORT!
Over 50 Presentations!
2020 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION OPENS SOON
SCHEDULE FOR BOTH DAYS: 7:45am to 4:45pm
BCBA CE’s Sponsor
SEE 2019 CONFERENCE SESSIONS & SPEAKERS
- AAC WITH ABA
- ABA & CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
- BREAKING DOWN THE BARRIERS TO EFFECTIVE SOCIAL SKILLS
- BRIDGING THE GAP: POST-SECONDARY EMPLOYMENT & EDUCATION STRATEGIES FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM
- BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS: USING AND TEACHING RECIPROCITY TO BUILD STRONGER AND MORE HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS.
- COLLABORATIVE PRE-EMPLOYMENT TRANSITION SERVICES FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM: PRACTICES & PARTNERSHIPS
- COMMUNITY-BASED INSTRUCTION FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
- CONNECTING THE DOTS BETWEEN BEHAVIOR, HEALTH, WELLNESS AND LEARNING
- CONTRIVING MOTIVATING OPERATIONS, AN EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE FOR TEACHING MANDING
- EFFECTIVE BEHAVIOR PLANS, UNDERSTANDING WHY & HOW
- ESSENTIAL STEPS TO EFFECTIVE PARENT TRAINING
- HOW TO DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- FEAT-NT ADULT ASPERGER SUPPORT GROUP PANEL
- HANGING ON UNTIL HELP ARRIVES: THOUGHTS ON PREPARING FOR AND RESPONDING TO CRISIS BEFORE A BIP IS IN PLACE.
- INS AND OUTS OF SUPERVISION
- INCLUSION OR REVERSE INCLUSION – SOCIAL SKILLS IN A SCHOOL SETTING
- JUST SAY, “NO” TO NO
- KEEPING THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING
- LANGUAGE ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
- MY JOURNEY WITH ASPERGER’S
- NAVIGATING THE AUTISM ARD SUPPLEMENT FOR PARENTS AND EDUCATORS
- NAVIGATING SPECIAL EDUCATION: DEVELOPING AND WRITING IEP GOALS
- READING IS AN ESSENTIAL SKILL FOR LIFE
- PERSONAL SUPPORT NETWORKS: ENRICHING LIVES IN THE PRESENT AND PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE
- SHARE THE ROAD: A JOURNEY OF COLLABORATION
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING FOR TEENS
- SPEECH SOLUTIONS: THE SLP, BCBA AND PARENT…THE TRIANGLE OF SUCCESS.
- STRATEGIES TO INCREASE BUY-IN AND ENGAGEMENT WITH TREATMENT PLANNING FOR STUDENTS WITH SEVERE PROBLEM BEHAVIOR
- TEACHING PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS TO STUDENTS.
- TEACHING INFERENCE TO STUDENTS WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS (ASD)
- TEXAS AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
- STRUCTURE, ROUTINES AND TASK ORGANIZATION: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER FOR STUDENT SUCCESS –
- THERAPIST, TEACHER, AIDE, SHADOW (WHAT SUPPORT IS NEEDED FOR MY LEARNER)
- TOOLS FOR SUPPORT STAFF’S TOOL BELT
- THE TOP 10 MISTAKES TO AVOID DURING POST-SECONDARY TRANSITION PLANNING/EVALUATION FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM
- UNDERSTANDING RESTRICTED AND REPETITIVE BEHAVIORS IN HFA
- UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS OF THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM CAN REDUCE BURNOUT AND INCREASE EFFECTIVENESS.
- VERBAL BEHAVIOR 101
- VISUAL SUPPORTS FOR STUDENTS WITH AUTISM
- WELCOME TO SPECIAL EDUCATION
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The 2019 DFW Autism Conference brings together experts for two days of training that focus on ways to improve the quality of life for those with autism and special needs, their families, caregivers and professionals working with them. The presentations will cover areas of behavioral and developmental therapies/strategies and family issues. It is presented for Educators, Therapists, Health Care Professionals, Caretakers, Parents and anyone who wants to learn more about services and treatment for individuals living with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADD, ADHD and other learning disabilities. Over the course of time, FEAT-NT’s educational opportunities and conferences have educated more than 15,000 parents and professionals in the autism community.
With autism now affecting 1 out of every 68 children, and 1 out of 42 boys, support in DFW is greatly needed. This training will bring families and professionals affected by autism together for guidance, training, and to share our struggles and accomplishments!
With You Every Step of the Way,